Dream that late Jugal Kishore Ghosh (1909-1993), the donor of the land, had fostered and people of Amdanga had cherished to watch blossoming of an institute of higher education evolved into reality in the year 2007. A large number of local people, educationists and teachers from the neighbouring schools had extended their endorsement that helped erecting a workable building now known as Kalam Bhavan, named after late Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the great scientist and former Hon’ble President of India. It was accorded with approval by the Govt. of West Bengal and affiliation to the prestigious University of Calcutta. Later on it received permanent affiliation to West Bengal State University in 2010. The college was named after the donor of land In order to commemorate his contribution and noble goal. Sri. Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, then Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of West Bengal, inaugurated the college in the presence of other notable dignitaries. However, initial journey of the college was not so smooth and there were myriad hurdles in terms of paucity of both teaching faculties and non-teaching staffs that prevented its smooth functioning. The infrastructural inadequacy had long deterred its expansion and advancement until the state-of-the-art Bankim Bhavan, named after the illustrious Bengali author Sri Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, emerged fully functional in 2020. The college has never ceased its relentless striving to climb an echelon of academic excellence ever since its inception. Today, under the supervision of Dr. Anadi Mohan Roy, Principal (2015--) and able guidance of Janab Rafiqur Rahaman, President of Governing Body (2015--), and MLA, Amdanga LA, WB, it has garnered considerable momentum in augmenting its infrastructural cartography and in expanding its academic growth. There are miles to go yet and the college is sure to inscribe its golden imprint in the higher educational map of the nation in near future.